The engine is tune controlled by an ECU (computer) and is fed info from over 8 different sensors.
Tuning an engine is not like the old days; a scan tool is needed and we have 3 different types to cover all the range.
- Spark plugs last 40,000 up to 150,000 depending on the type, but still need checked
- The fuel filter needs checking and replacing more regular these days
- All air filters are smaller and finer and needs replacing more frequently
- The air intake has a sensor that needs cleaning to maintain the fuel economy
- The computer has a history bank that stores all codes current and old, we check all of this when your car is in for a service and reset if necessary
- Tappet (valve) clearance checks are becoming less but still need checking
- We will check your engine for vacuum leaks
- The exhaust system will be inspected for leaks