An auto service has a number of great benefits including ensuring your car is safe to drive and running efficiently. While a great number of people are in the habit of booking their car in for an annual auto service, Perth motorists tend to have little to no understanding as to what happens once you have dropped your vehicle at the garage. Here is an insight into a typical auto service.
- Typically the first step for any service is checking if you have experienced any issues with your car or have any concerns. The technician will also check for any signs of damage on the wheel trims or body of your car. They should then fit covers to protect the foot well and seat while the vehicle is being serviced.
- In the next component of the auto service Perth technicians will test the exterior and interior lights, seat belts and horn to ensure they are in good working order. They will also examine the windscreen, wipers, number plate, mirrors and headlamps to check they are in good condition.
- The technician will now usually investigate under the bonnet. They will check the battery terminals are secure and check for fluid levels and leaks. The radiator and hoses are checked for signs of damage and leaks. They will also check leads and cables for signs of wear including HT leads, clutch and hydraulics cables.
- Next your vehicle is raised up so the technician can check your wheel bearings for any indications of noise. This position of the vehicle also allows the steering, suspension, wheels and brake drums to be checked for any corrosion, damage or leaks. The technician will carry out a visual inspection on the brake system including checking and adjusting the handbrake if necessary. The condition of your tyres can also be assessed for signs of worn tread.
- There is also a diagnostic phase to the auto service. Perth technicians will test the function of the starting motor, alternator and battery to ensure they are working optimally.
- Once all these aspects have been checked, the technician will now begin to refill and replace a variety of fluids and components including the oil filter, engine oil, brake and clutch fluid, power steering fluid and water reservoir for your radiator.
- The final stage is checking the bonnet and wheel nuts for security and examining the front wheel alignment. The service light is reset and your service history booklet is stamped with the date and garage details. Your car is then road tested to ensure it is performing efficiently and effectively.
As you can now probably appreciate, an auto service for your vehicle is essential to minimise the risk of major issues developing and ensure its safe performance. Skilled technicians can normally complete a full service on your car in one to two hours.
If you are interested in learning more about an auto service, Perth motorists should contact us. We have experience and expertise in all aspects of auto service and repair, we would be delighted to assist you with any questions you may have.